View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Eh, I kind of disagree with most being said in here. I don't think the swap to a 265 and a 295 is the issue. He's within Michelin's recommended rim size with tire size even though he has the minimum recommended. I think its the type of tire that is in question. He came from RE050's and S-04's which we all know have stiff sidewalls and are pure performance oriented. Michelin PSS as we all know ride beautifully, last long and have gobs of grip. Anything with the Michelin name has some LUXURY ride quality to it. How do the PSS's get that? More sidewall flex which is what I think the OP's main complaint is about. If you look at the PSS's before they are even mounted, they have more round sidewalls then most performance tires out there. People always compare the PSS and RE-11's and the easiest way for me to explain it to them is

PSS = Trackable street tire
RE-11 = Streetable track tire

There's plenty of us running tires with the minimum recommended width of rim and no complaints. I think this is more related to the tire construction itself then the "oversized" tire complaint that everyone is jumping to.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote