View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I'm so confused... You know that ordering not stock sizes gives you weird grip, but at the same time you're getting grip and not getting grip...

It's simple, your sidewall flex/wobbliness is 100% due to the wrong tire size, doesn't have anything to do with the wheels. So that's why you're not getting the correct grip...
I know what it is from, indeed this is true, my point is that with all my research and user reviews, I believed this would not be the case with these sizes, many have went to 275/305, that would be a sheer disaster I am sure. I want to avoid others doing what I just did, believing all the hype of plus sized tires. Going lower on PSI will only make the problem worse, 40 has made it slightly better from 35. By grip, I literally mean that, they are sticky tires no doubt, even when we mounted the tires however, the sidewalls felt flimsy imo.

grip= sticky
sidewall= soft
= poor steering response and flex on the sidewalls.

To clarify my overall goal of this thread is to inform those thinking of plus sizing because everyone else has done it and says its great, there will we negative impacts in my opinion, that's all!

Last edited by Joepro; 05-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote