Thread: Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

HKS and KW are the best choices BUT if you have a budget of 1000 and under then I would go BC over stance. I had BC's on my 350z and the ride was great. The only problem with all the made in Taiwan coilovers is some of the struts have issues. A friend of mine is on his 2nd set of replacing all struts after 1 year with BC coilovers... They are replaced for free BUT its a bit of a hassle.

What about TEIN basics? Or even like Tanabe coilovers? Get something at least made in Japan or America not Taiwan

One big thing to keep an eye on besides where they are made is spring rates. For street driving I wouldn't go higher then a 10kg front 8kg rear. 9kg/9kg is a good set up as well. Any higher and you will hate your car for street driving.