View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar-Eclipse View Post
Okay, I tested again with different ground points and I'm getting 2.4V with the car turned to "On" and 3.8V with the car running.

I also tested both the "cigar lighter" and "power socket" connections at the kick panel and I'm getting 2.4V as well. That's a lower reading than yesterday so I think the problem is getting worse.

It looks like the problem is further upstream. According to the electrical diagram in the service manual (PWO-2) the next thing up is fuse block/junction box M1 (PG-112)in the engine bay. It looks like M1 is a single chunk of fuses that can only be removed as one piece. Looking through the window at the top of the fuse block it doesn't look blown. Do I have to replace this whole thing to be sure?

The electrical diagram breaks down the M1 fuse block further (PWO-3) but it's beyond my understanding of electrical diagrams.

Any suggestions?
Looking at PWO-3, the "FUSE BLOCK (J/B)" is on the left side of the driver's footwell, not in the engine compartment. "M1" refers to the connector used on the Fuse Block (J/B). The fuse is a 15A in position 20 (see lid of fuse block for physical location).

Since both the cigarette lighters are "dead" and they share a common ground, I'd take a closer look at your ground wiring if you have 12V at FB(J/B) fuse #20.