View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousZ34 View Post
I do have first hand experience on the kit actually lol. My friends 350z has it. I went with him when Stillen first installed the kit, the second time when he changed the pulley out,and the third time when he blew the motor and had to get it fully built. First of all Stillen wouldn't give him his carb sticker, and never will because he had test pipes which they never told him about. They claim you need to get tuned with stock cats, then switch them out if you actually want to make any kind of power, to get the carb sticker. Second of all their tune and customer service is complete **** lol. It's a joke. Don't get me started on the design of the kit either... Now he has a fully built motor and makes horrible numbers because the supercharger kit is such a pos. Even the tuner said the kit is complete garbage and will not make power even if he were to switch out the blower and run 20+psi. The guy that built the motor for my friend even said the kit is a complete pos. if one of the best Z tuners in the world, and a guy that builds motors for a living both equally agree on how bad stillens kit is, then it's pretty safe to say it's garbage. We all had a good laugh talking about it. Waste of money IMO. Stillen also doesn't warranty their kit, even though they tuned the car in house. Oh well, people don't have to listen to me. All I know is that I would never put that kit on my car in a million years.
iirc your friend having the kit doesnt mean you have the kit now does it?

if thats the definition of first hand then i must have first hand experience with the alpha 12 GTR, the stillen kits, turbo hondas, muscle cars and modding supras because my friends have those cars and i am always around them...

now im not doubting your friends experience, but out of everyone i have met and talked to either on the internet and in person at car meets, they have loved the kit and had no regrets about buying it, and in fact my uncle has the stage 4 stillen supercharger on his G35 and his car has been pushing strong since he installed it and if you want to stay away from stillen because of your friends experience then more power to you, but dont go around saying the kit sucks, the design sucks(seriously i dont get how the kit is designed poorly, its designed like any other OEM system which is draw through and not blow through like after market systems) when you don't even have it installed on your car

oh there is a whole lot more to modding then numbers, sure a 800whp big single turbo supra sounds amazing, but in all reality that car is not a good street car(because its all top end), there is a difference between a good track car and a good street car

A good track car needs better top end because you are never down low while on a track(besides starting), while a good street car needs lots of down low torque and the way i look at it is, you can have a dyno queen and talk numbers all day long, or you can have a car that makes less power up top but more power down low where most people need it

now im not saying the GTM kit sucks and the stillen kit rules or twin turbo 370zs suck, or single turbo 370zs suck as i dont have first hand experience with either kit but to say the stillen kit(or even the GTM kit for that matter) sucks when you never had the kit installed is not right, thats like saying verizon sucks, tmobile rules when you have been on sprint your whole life

Last edited by luigi90210; 05-04-2013 at 04:01 PM.