View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
NitrousZ34
Banned

Drives: Myself crazy
NitrousZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
Do you have first hand experience with the stillen kit?
If not then you don't really have an opinion that matters, I have talked with several stillen supercharger owners, both for the 350z and 370z and everyone I have talked to loves their kit. In fact I just was at stillen a few days ago and went for a ride in their 370z with the 50state legal supercharger and it puts down power smoothly(and reliabily from what i have been told by owners)

Sure i have read some bad things online but I usually take everything said here(and the internet in general) with a grain of salt, and I recommend everyone else do the same.

Oh and please don't derail the thread, we don't need another stillen vs GTM thread...

I do have first hand experience on the kit actually lol. My friends 350z has it. I went with him when Stillen first installed the kit, the second time when he changed the pulley out,and the third time when he blew the motor and had to get it fully built. First of all Stillen wouldn't give him his carb sticker, and never will because he had test pipes which they never told him about. They claim you need to get tuned with stock cats, then switch them out if you actually want to make any kind of power, to get the carb sticker. Second of all their tune and customer service is complete **** lol. It's a joke. Don't get me started on the design of the kit either... Now he has a fully built motor and makes horrible numbers because the supercharger kit is such a pos. Even the tuner said the kit is complete garbage and will not make power even if he were to switch out the blower and run 20+psi. The guy that built the motor for my friend even said the kit is a complete pos. if one of the best Z tuners in the world, and a guy that builds motors for a living both equally agree on how bad stillens kit is, then it's pretty safe to say it's garbage. We all had a good laugh talking about it. Waste of money IMO. Stillen also doesn't warranty their kit, even though they tuned the car in house. Oh well, people don't have to listen to me. All I know is that I would never put that kit on my car in a million years.