View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
An old bloke for whom I have enormous respect (famous in Australian motor sport "lore") once said Super-Charging is for cars and Turbo's are for trucks (actually, in retrospect, this probbaly implies diesel engines rather than gasoline engines).

I say this not to belittle the TT fraternity but just to point out that for track-day usage, where torque and throttle response is king (can I say KING), then S/C has to be the way to go.

With a well-specified S/C system, torque is linear whereas with Turbo, there are always concerns at lag, spool time and the need for anti-lag to keep the huffers a-puffin' ...

Google the name "Harry Firth" and you'll see lots of 60's and 70's references, but he has forgotten far, far more than most of us will learn in a lifetime - an Australian equilavent on a par with Caroll Shelby - again, not current, but the lessons are unbiquitous.

Remember the old adage, those that ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of history.

I am not entering into the kit vendor issue in any way shape or form with this post.
Well said and point taken.

I would just like to add that before I decided to go TT, I searched high and low for a Roots or TVS SC system. There are plenty of ways to piece one together, but I did not want to be the test bed either. Like someone else said, the Z35 is on the horizon........and you may want to sample it prior to making a 10k+ commitment.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL