View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Sorry to be a party pooper, but this intake system is MORONIC because of all the cuts and bends. The goal of airflow is to SMOOTH it out, not create excess turbulence.
True, manrel bent would be better and I'm disappointed that didn't happen with the shallower bends, although I understand the cutting with the tighter bends. At least with intakes, the cross section is much larger so airflow isn't as high and hopefully the cuts don't make much difference. I'm mostly interested in weight savings over a steel intake and for me, a good excuse to go back and drill out my radiotor support. Didn't do that for my takedas and that pinch in the silicone tubing probably creates more turbulence then these cuts ever could.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote