Thread: Front Plate?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
As mentioned, it is required in Texas. I don't like giving cops any reason to pull me over, so I installed it without the bracket. I just screwed the frame and plate directly into the black plastic piece, and I love that it doesn't project out in front of the car from the side view

I can't seem to find a side view photo, but here's a close up from the front of what I did.

( Click to show/hide )
I sure find it humorous when people black out their license plates. I just don't see the point when tons of people see my license plate on a daily basis. I wonder those people cover up their plates whenever they park their cars

I did just like you JAR. I never had one on the car when I was in Texas but they wouldn't pass my car for safety here in Hawaii without a front plate. I tried to zip tie onto the grill but they said it had to be "mounted." I wasn't about to argue with the tech so his jaw dropped when I asked for a drill and 2 screws. Went straight into the plastic piece as you did there and said "give me my f*ckin stickers." Signed off and I was on my way.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote