View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
logenl7
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 6M
logenl7 has a spectacular aura aboutlogenl7 has a spectacular aura aboutlogenl7 has a spectacular aura about
Default 370Z Supercharger or Twin Turbo

Guys,
I know I'll catch a lot flak for this thread, but I'm literally stuck in limbo on this decision. I'm trying to make an educated decision by factoring cost, car usage, purpose, and overall benefit of each to. I'm a very spirited driver, but I only drive my car in nice weather (no rain, 70+ degrees). I don't have very many miles on the car (2009 - 12,000). Most of my driving can be classified as street / touring. I have most of the car set-up for track, which I plan on starting to take it there. I guess what I'm asking for is help / guidance from those experienced enough to make a decision on a supercharger or turbo. I like many aspects of each kit. The supercharger is enticing because of its lower amount of upkeep, higher safety rating, less slope in the power curve, and would seem (my thought) to benefit me more for my particular type of driving. The turbo kit provides a much more aggressive power curve and better results in the end, but I've never had a turbo'ed car. With both kits now relatively around the same cost, this decision is becoming ever so hard to make..lol I should probably add that my goal is to be somewhere near 500 rwhp. 500 is my ceiling / hard cap with no exceptions. I understand that many other factors go into making a decision of this sort, and I can do all necessary things to ensure that the correct steps are done to ensure saftey with this mod. Any feedback on this post will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot guys