View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Reaper42
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GetLucky370
Reaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
So 260 degree water is ok?
Come run a boosted car in Texas in the summer when the temperature is 100+ and the air temp off the ground is 110-120 on a daily basis. I think last summer I registered a 183 degree intake temp when sitting at a light once because of an accident and I could not move, black top plus idle plus 100 degree temp.
Air intake temp has nothing to do with the radiator...but temps get up to 100 in chicago and very humid as well in the summer and with stock radiator and heavy tracking I never got engine temps even close to the 3/4 mark. I can understand if you have a boosted car engine temps might get a lot hotter than NA and so thats a diff situation. Im just saying as far as NA goes, I cant see why a different radiator is necessary at all.
Reaper42 is offline   Reply With Quote