View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #238 (permalink)
Gibby1113
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
Gibby1113 is on a distinguished road
Default Stillen intakes

I know there's the search feature but I'm asking which intake I should get. I'm at that point where I need to order intakes and I'm not sure which ones to get. I want the k&n intakes because they stay in the engine bay and there is no need for the removal of the front bumper. I really want the stillen intakes or the aam intakes but idk how to take off my bumper.

I know there is a sweet DIY by AK on the stillen intakes, but I don't really have experience with installing mods. It would be my first mod and I would need to remove me front bumper, cut into the vents, install the intakes, and put the bumper back on. Seems complicated, especially for someone who has never done anything remotely close to this.

I really want the stillen intakes so I went to a shop here and the guy was really cool and is gonna install by berk exhaust for me and quoted me a pretty good price for the installation of my exhaust. I asked how much it would be for a set up like the stillen intakes he said it would be about $175 max. Now idk if I should just do it myself, a 21 yr old who has never done this before with no wrench time, or pay $175 for it to be done professionally. Idk any input guys? Recommendations?

Thanks!
40th anniversary #450/1000 | Takeda Attack CAI | Ark DTS exhaust | to be continued...
Gibby1113 is offline   Reply With Quote