View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #145 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotguy View Post
I thought everyone might benefit from my experience with the ragtop.
I have a 2010 and the drivers window was wearing on the top every time it opened and closed. The window was rubbing on the fabric - it didn't clear the top when it dropped down to gain clearance. It created a 1" fray in the top. Not a big problem but I knew it would get worse over time.
The dealer first moved the drivers window forward 1/4" then told Nissan USA who approved a top replacement. Their manual says if the top is damaged under warantee the only remedy is to replace it. They told me that Nissan gets charged $12,000 for the total replacement.
The North San Diego dealer replaced it when the fabric came in, about 2 weeks.
The top works great, like new, no problems. Based on what I've read here some dealers can't seem to install it properly. My dealer did it OK. No charge to me. I am very happy with the result. Replacing the whole top for a 1" fray seemed overkill to me. I was just worried it wouldn't come out as good as the original.
The dealer didn't give me much info at all, like how they handled the pads needed to stop abrasion.
I hope you guys have good luck with your issues.
Gary

My top replacement was similar as you have described. I had to take my car back a second time because the padding on the bows was installed incorrectly. That was a year ago and the top hasn't had any issues since then. I was told the cost was Cdn$1200 plus the labour but it was all covered under warrany. The dealer also said that Nissan would never send a car out to a third party for warranty work as some have mentioned happening with their car. Who knows?
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote