View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
dezion
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z PG M6
dezion is on a distinguished road

Mr Smith, you need to do a SES reset.

What I've learned is that you need to remove the negative battery cable before working on your audio install. ALWAYS.

While installing my audio, I had no issues with warning lights until I kept removing the neg terminal over and over to play around with my sub in different places. Then my SES light came on.

I took the negative cable off one night ...... went to sleep ..... woke up in the morning ...... reattached and started the car. !!@@BAMN@@!! No more SES indicated!! I believe that your car's brain (the ECU) resets itself over a certain period of time. I'm sure if it's minutes or hours for the rest to take effect. I read the overnight trick here on a previous thread.

Now I will say this ....... and please read carefully, once you unhook you negative terminal ....... you power windows will not work properly and the auto up and down will not act right.

To reset the windows ........(after attaching terminal to battery) start the car ......... press AND HOLD the window switch in the down position for several seconds. You'll hear and "possibly" feel a faint click. That click is the reset. If your auto up still doesnt go up, try to hold the switch in the up position as well. It may take a few tries of up and down with the window switch, but eventually It WILL WORK FINE!! There's many other treads on the forum here all explaining what I just said if yo need another opinion on this.

Good luck my man.
dezion is offline   Reply With Quote