View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
crazyyankfan
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z 6MT
crazyyankfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
To me, the outside of the tire is not too worn as it is only on the extreme outer edge. If the alignment was way off, the tire would be worn more on the FACE of the tire. It looks like the tire is rolling when you corner, and the outer edge is slightly worn. I would make sure that the tire pressure is up to the manufacturer's specifications. Also, as the tire wears, the sidewall gets less firm, causing the tires to "roll" more. I hope that I can get that kind of mileage on my OEM tires. At 16,000 miles, there is still plenty of tread left, so, hopefully they get me through this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
It's not critical, but you do need to change them soon. I'd say another 3,000-4,000 miles. That wear pattern isn't too bad for that much mileage. It's really more than most people get out of them actually. That wear pattern looks like the tires were underinflated. Unless the alignment is really off, that's usually what happens. The inner shoulder shows more wear than the center also.

Tire pressure should be around 35-36psi. I think Nissan recommends 35psi.
Well, I'm 100% certain they are properly inflated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, get the toe setting checked per one of the earlier posts.

then get new tires. how the hell did you manage to do 30K miles on those RE050A's?
Yes, those are the stock 19" RE050A's. Like I mentioned in the opening post, I used snow tires during the past two winters. From my calculation, I have got 24k miles out of the RE050A at this point (my car has 32k miles). Interestingly, from what I read, most people on this board actually do not get this much mileage out of RE050A. This is the first sports car I ever own. I have always run on all-seasons for my sedan in the past, so getting 24k out of a set of tires seems kinda low to me originally.

With that being said, I have never tracked my car yet, only some spirited driving on the highway occasionally, and I usually don't do hard acceleration and braking. Maybe that's why they still have 3/32 left.

I bought two Michelin PSS for the rear already. Have heard some very good reviews on those.
crazyyankfan is offline   Reply With Quote