View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #131 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
... Does anyone have had any side effects after pulling the fuse? I've read someone has mentioned the delay of the engine start. ... Also, I store my car during the winter. I don't disconnect the battery. It usually last 3 weeks. But the week I pulled steering wheel lock fuse, the battery died COMPLETELY(can't even open the door by push the button) in one week. I kinda doubt after I shut off the car, the computer system keeps sending the signal to the SLU to lock the steering wheel and don't get any response thus consume the battery... But this only happened the first week I pulled the fuse. ...
The delay on start does not appear to be caused by disabling the SLU - it also happens to ppl who have not disabled the SLU.

From what I've been able to figure out, the SLU is only polled during startup (and possibly shutdown) so it shouldn't be a drain when the car is off. But I'm not 100% sure about this.
I suspect a bad/weak battery (check the electrolyte level) or a parasitic load (have you added anything, eg, radio, that might be pulling a load when the car is off?).

I pulled my fuse some time back and have had no problems.