View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyankfan View Post
I would really appreciate if somebody can provide me any input on whether this is considered normal wear on the rear tire for this car (see attachment). I have just over 30K miles running still on the OEM 19" sports tires. I use a separate set of snow tires in the past 2 winters. As you can see from the photo, the outer edge of the tire has worn out much more than the inner side. All four tires are like that. Does that mean my alignment is way off?

The tire tread depth of both rear tires were measured at 3/32 ~1000 miles ago when I had the services. Can anybody give me any suggestion whether I need to change the tires immediately or not? I can sorta feel some loss of traction when the road is very wet. Thanks.
To me, the outside of the tire is not too worn as it is only on the extreme outer edge. If the alignment was way off, the tire would be worn more on the FACE of the tire. It looks like the tire is rolling when you corner, and the outer edge is slightly worn. I would make sure that the tire pressure is up to the manufacturer's specifications. Also, as the tire wears, the sidewall gets less firm, causing the tires to "roll" more. I hope that I can get that kind of mileage on my OEM tires. At 16,000 miles, there is still plenty of tread left, so, hopefully they get me through this season.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote