View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyankfan View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I do understand that I need the alignment done once I swap the new tires on. I already bought two rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I just kinda want to get my money worth it with these OEM tires since they're ~$350 a pop. My front ones were measured at 4/32. Should I change them the same time I change the rear ones?

One last thing, do you see the similar wearing pattern on your tires? Meaning the outside wears more than the inside? I have not tracked my car yet, so no aggressive turning from my part at this point.
I took my Z to a large empty parking lot early Saturday morning and got a lot of use out of the parking brake before getting the tires replaced that day I typically wear out the rear tires every 6 months, and the fronts every 12 months. But I often still have 7/32 tread on the front when the rears go. At 4/32, I would recommend that you have the fronts replaced at the same time and always with matching tires.

I do plenty of aggressive driving and casual driving. My tire wear is very even because I have a five year alignment agreement from NTB (for the cost of about 2.5 individual alignments). I get my car aligned about every quarter, although I'm behind this year. Thanks for reminding me

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 04-30-2013 at 09:48 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote