View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post
I know JAR. I'm just stating that letting your tank go to the last few dots is not going to give you any more information about the capacity to use a tank of gas than filling up after using 1 gallon. The math and physics don't change over the life of the tank, so you can just as accurately gauge how far you can go from 1 mile from fill-up just as easily as waiting until you've used 3/4 of a tank, regardless of how much gas you have left.

Again, not a reason to run your tank low. But, if it's your preference, go all about it.

I'm just a logic guy, so if you say you have a rock that keeps away tigers, and justification is that you carry the rock and never see a tiger, I might say something. Running low on your tank provides no more information about how far your car can go as filling up every few miles.

Like you say, it's all in how well you drove the car, or intend to drive the car from filling up.

Cheers!
I understand exactly where you're coming from. Now that you have removed all logic from my argument, going forward, I will be emptying the fuel tank just to show you guys that it doesn't hurt anything

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 04-30-2013 at 03:23 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote