View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #690 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerGT View Post
When I went out to fed ex field in the SCCA... we only had one guy really eff up the course... mostly, the track is well marked, i think i missed one cone the entire event.

In AutoX... i didnt have an instructor =/

heh, even my mods (at the time) put me into a class with a highly modified Lambo/Ferrari/Viper/Vettes...

I just ran against myself... really I was no where near the level to compete with even the "ok" guys in crappy 80s civics lolz

What does it matter what group you are placed in? just take your track times, and if you want, compare it to friends, but really just race against yourself... the only way the "class" matters is if you want to compete for a trophy or something... and even with your karting experiance, you wont be even close to that.

I have a friend that refuses to go to HDPE because he feels its a waste of money to go racing, with someone in the car telling him what to do... he feels as though he should be able to spend the money to... RACE... which kills me. I told him he will just end up killing someone. He doesnt understand the learning part.

AutoX isnt about racing anyone... just race your own time or have a nice competition between friends... who cares about the mods/skill/other people. They sure as hell wont care about ur car... no matter what the mods done.

If you plan on staying in AutoX and running in their series, then yeah I get the car issue, but if all you plan on doing is using it as a step up into HDPE for the experiance... then go ballz out with your modded car and beat the bajesus out of it.
I'm just a competitive person. I love racing. My problem with AutoX is more my inability to learn the course than anything. I know you walk it, and see 20 other cars do it, but for me, not having the solid lines and barriers to mark turns makes it difficult @ speed. That's why I like track runs. I would be up to do an AutoX event if we could get one for all of us?

I just want to learn, and wherever the knowledge comes from I'm thankful.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote