View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

More update pics!

Here is the finished, but un-coated, stand...

Now here's where it might get a little confusing, or at least I was a little confused at first. The large metal piece pictured here will be used to help make the base of the wing. Now the bottom edge of the piece shows how large of a surface area the wing bases will take up in order to distribute the force the wing will be putting down on our flimsy aluminum hatches. Now I believe the actual final base will only go upwards to the mounting bolts for the stands. The rest of the metal piece in the photo is just extra. Get it? The bases will not be as tall or large as the actual metal piece, but they will be as wide as the bottom edge.

Either way, I pick the car up from Kognition on Sunday and drive it back to Vegas. There is a chance that I will be driving it back without a finished wing as it will be hard to get the actual finished product done in time, but he is confident that the molds will all be done by the time I pick the car up and then he will deliver and install the wing sometime before SEMA.

In other exciting Kognition news, he has just been commissioned by Chris Rado and World Racing to build wings for their famous bi-winged beast of a Scion tC! Pretty big compliment to Kognition coming from a team who obviously focuses majorly on aerodynamics.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote