View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
NickTurnon
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 BS 7AT 370z
NickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTurnon

Don't do either of those things ^^ I mean, unless you have experience using an exacto knife or a sharp tool to cut the edges.

Theres an easier way to solve your problem.

Spray your multiple coats.. 3 or 4. Let it dry like you did..

But right when you are wanting to pull the tape off, you need to heavily coat the edges that you are about to rip the tape off from. This will get the dip wet again and the tape will come off in a nice thin straight line (if you have a good tape job, which you said you did).

I have done this many times & works. The only issue that I have had is when pulling the tape off, some of the dip smears if the surrounding tape brushes up against the wet dip.

Good luck!