View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough
Default Plasti Dip Question

OK so I have had some success doing my side mirrors and my front grill with plastidip. Since this stuff is fun and a bit addictive, I decided last weekend I was going to do the front of the hood. The track is really tearing up the front of my car. Damn you desert pebbles!

Obviously though this is a high visibility area and it has to be perfect. So this weekend I taped it off at a near professional level(pats self on back), used a tape measure to make sure all my lines were even, and started spraying. Few hours later it is looking great.

Then time to take the tape off, and a small minor disaster happened because the blue painters tape clung to the plasti dip and tore a nice big hole.

So I almost had success and if that one little section wouldn't have torn it would have looked awesome.

Question is for anyone that knows more about this type of thing than I do. What can I do before removing the painters tape that will keep it from tearing the plasti dip? Should I just let it dry longer? Any tips or tricks?

TY
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote