View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
In our state a speed limit of 35 = you can drive 35 mph +/- 5 mph due to speedometer calibration. In my Z, going 50 mph, on a radar gun is actually 47/48 mph.

In Illinois you only get a ticket for 41 or more in a 35 or a 29 or less in a 35.
ZMan8, even in my state, while our state statutes say, nothing in excess of the speed limit. Prior court cases here have allowed people to get off of speeding charges unless they were 6 miles above the posted speed limit. Basically the same as Illinois. This is not to say they weren't speeding, but that they do not have to pay the fines associated with speeding, thanks to the court.

In OP's post below, he is admitting to exceeding the speed limit. Plus his comment in the 2nd sentence, I know he's joking, but it wouldn't look good in court. In a civil case where Preponderence of Evidence (just got to tip the scale in your favor) is the burden of proof, this may prove to be the reversal of his claim that the woman was at fault. If you or I were the woman's attorney, I think we would both do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhite370 View Post
Nah i wasn't driving fast.....speed limit was 35 i was goin no more than 40. She shouldn't be driving if she couldn't see me coming lol
I don't know how to post the link here, but the Illinois State Statute on speeding is basically the same definition as Hawaii. So while we may not have to pay a ticket for a few miles over, it's just good to be cautious what we post on the internet.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote