View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I have both nice and throw away microfibers. But I am in the same boat with the plush finishing microfibers (Adam's are expensive and mine are old). I've been keeping an eye out on the Adam's Daily Special thread for a good deal, but I think I will look to get some Uber towels

FWIW:
( Click to show/hide )
I use the auto store microfibers for plastic trim, undercarriage, wheel, engine, and interior. I have a number of waffle weave drying towels, but the Adam's Great White is far and away the best. I have two of them, but I can easily dry the entire car with one. The Meguiar's Supreme Shine microfibers are good in a pinch and very cheap, but I've accumulated three of them with random wax or clay kits that are much more plush that the rest. So I've always used those for my clay, wax, and polishing (but they are getting on in years now). I recently acquired a bunch of new pads and foam applicators.

I use Griot's microfiber cleaning solution and wash them all on HOT water. I swear by this stuff - I've tried several other solutions that didn't seem to help at all. The Griot's brought those three plush microfibers back to almost new condition. It also allows me to get a lot more use out of my throw away microfibers, which I make sure to wash separate from the high quality towels.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote