View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Jester
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT
Jester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jester

Just to be clear, I have not yet driven a 370z....that said, I can say this:

I have driven a 350z touring, and an 07 vette with z51 package. Both of which belonged to a friend of mine. He traded the 350 for the vette, but loved the 350. Never had one mechanical issue with either of them, and he still owns the vette. So saying the vette is unreliable simply because it's made by GM is not an accurate statement in my opinion. His has the LS2 and is crazy fast with good handling, and besides the z06 and zr1, always the best bang for the buck. Personally I think the interior could be a little nicer, but it suits me just fine for I tend to enjoy simplicity. Plus, you seem to forget about what the car looks like inside once you push the ignition button and put the pedal to the floor.

The 350z was very similar to the vette...lower quality interior coupled with performance and reliability. He ended up modding it out (about $12,000 to be exact), and the car sick. Never had one issue with it. From what I've read, and I've done a lot of reading, the 370z is better than the 350 in nearly all aspects; and I love the interior. With some of the mods that I've seen on these cars they sound amazing, and are very quick. I can't wait to drive one!

Honestly, when it comes time for me to buy a new car, it will come down to one of these two. Also, from my experience, parts and maintenance is pricey for both of these cars, as it is in most high quality performance vehicles. That said, if you like the vette but can afford a few extra thousand...get a used z06. You can get one with low miles for around 45 grand, and blow both of those cars out of the water. In my humble opinion, this is a supercar at a bargain price. If not, you really can't go wrong with a base vette or 370z in terms of performance and reliability. Drive both, and base your decision on that. Oh and, don't forget about the z06, another great 'z' car