View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zissou
Base Member

Drives: 02 Acura RSX
Zissou is on a distinguished road
Default About to go wheelin' n dealin'...

Ok, so having looked around here and several other forums, i think i've narrowed down my limits on a 370Z price-wise, as well as my game plan.

First off, i do not want or need the car until around April, so i can wait for one to be ordered and arrive per specs. Second, i do not need financing, i just need until the end of March to come up with the difference; this would be a cash transaction (plus i have no credit). I am banking on getting at LEAST 10k for my RSX, and another 6k for my 300ZX, which should be relatively easy; i have interested parties in both. Third and lastly, i dont want to have a nightmare experience buying a new car. The last new car i bought was my RSX, for $500 under invoice plus lifetime maintenance/inspection back when i was 18. I also paid cash for that car.

I dont consider anyone working at a dealership to be my friend or doing me a favor; frankly in my opinion they are IN THE WAY of me and my new car, and plan on siphoning off MY money on top of it. But i understand they are out to make a living too, and thats the way this market works, unless i wanted a Saturn or a Scion.

I'm also still debating red, blue, or yellow lol, hopefully i make up my mind when i get there. kick plates and floor mats are the only options i want. I do want navi and leather, but ill have it reupholstered in matching perforated colored leather and throw in a pioneer navi/dvd system such as that i have in my RSX later on, basically i want the bigger brakes and rear diff; everything else is useless. I do plan on modding the car, but nothing crazy, and not for at least 4-5 months.

I figure trading/selling i should be able to pull at least 1k or 2k out of the FUGLY 19"s and OEM Sport Pkg spoiler (trade hatches with someone) later on; i'd rather go with lighter wider 18"s (assuming they'd fit) considering PA/NJ/NY's FANTASTIC roads.

From the Invoice thread...

Invoice for BASE- $28043
MSRP for BASE- $29930

Invoice for Sport Pkge- $2602
MSRP for Sport Pkge- $3000
Kick Plates- $200
Floor Mats- $115
DESTINATION- $695

Again, i understand they need to make a cut here, my maximum i am willing to pay, for a base/sport combo, is BASE INVOICE plus SPORT PKG MSRP plus delivery, and tax/tags/title. I will not mention financing or trade ins until a relative price is agreed upon; again i have no intentions of financing OR trading a car in; i'll just brush off the topics until numbers start to get crunched.

Thats $32,053 total, plus 6% tax (1923.18) equals $33,976.18, so a tick under $34k, plus tags and title.

That is LITERALLY the maximum i would pay, $34k off the lot plus tags/title fees; anything above that i walk and go for either a lightly used E46 M3 or 135i, both of which can easily be found under $34k.

Wish me luck!