Thread: Oy! Abflug!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
IDK, most of these aftermarket body kits don't impress me at all. I can not even imagine how expensive they must be but I'm guessing 3-7K installed per piece? Why would you spend money on that when the car looks so damn good anyway? If you are doing the stillen front splitter or some canards, or a wing for the track I can understand, but I just don't think many of these things are "upgrades" in terms of visual appearance.
Welcome to the forum and to owning a Z. I agree; I don't think many are upgrades at all (reference my spoiler hidden ones). However, I do like some, like that widebody.

You're not far off on cost for fronts and rears. I would do most of my own work and probably vinyl wrap over primer ($200 over part cost) bringing it back under $2000 per. Amuse's kits are wind tunnel tested I believe and provide some downforce.

That's what the original post was about; that kit with the fogs-I would remove the fogs and run air pipes to brakes and air box. Looks be damned (to some degree).

Last edited by CDepp; 04-27-2013 at 04:03 PM.
CDepp is offline   Reply With Quote