View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #1045 (permalink)
jlo370z
Im a Fireball

Drives: 11 370z Red 6spd
jlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
Very nice pictures! I would sure love to get some hi-res ones, I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

I did see your car there on the parking lot Sunday, but I didn't see you. You should have come over for a chat! On the questions, fire away, I'll try to answer them!

It was a fun course on Sunday. But 38 degrees was a bit cold for my slightly worn summer tires... It was like driving on ice, no grip. I guess the dust left by the flooding didn't help grip either. I think you left the event a bit too early, you missed my smoke screen... Got a bit too aggressive at my last run and did a nice 360 degree spin

But yeah, it is fun and you should most definitively try it! Just sign up for the next event and if you want I'd be more than willing to help you out, course walk, ride along whatever. I'm sure my friends in the Z4M and Mustang GT will take you for a ride as well. (might be better to learn from them then from me, I'm not that good of a driver )
Ive raced CCS, and have done a lot of bike track days and the one thing I noticed, is there seem to be no structure to the event? cars just pull up and run when ever? I never heard cars being called to the line. they announced the groups which where running but is it a just come up to the line when your ready attitude? really confused by that. like the white GTR, he didnt run once while I was there, that focus that won the event, he never ran while i was there either.

I dont understand what class my car is in why is the 350z in a different class then the 370z? odd is all.

I watched the video the focus took of his last lap, the first set of cones how do you know which side to start on? LOL . I figured out right away the cones laying down point you in your next direction that was cool to figure out.

also spectators have to sign a waiver, since i walked right to a spot to view the course, i didnt do that but for anyone who wants to come, note you will be asked to sign a waiver. not a big deal or anything

oh i saw motorcycle helmets being worn, i think thats a bit to much helmet and will narrow your field of vision, based on experience, so anyone thinking about it, id drop the coin for a open face car approved one.

the go carts where cool, thinking of getting one for the kid, need to find out more on the rules of that.

any way it looked like fun, i may do the may 19th one, need to get brake pads and a oil cooler though so it may be the one after, will see how fast i can get that done

pm me your email and ill get you the full res photos
jlo370z is offline   Reply With Quote