View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
sparky
Track Member

Drives: 12 370Z GM AT
sparky is just really nicesparky is just really nicesparky is just really nicesparky is just really nicesparky is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy535 View Post
You need to have the garage door opener (remote) to program the homelink. It goes off of the signal the garage door remote sends and then mimics it which is how it opens your garage door. The way to program it requires you to hold and press the garage door remote and the homelink at the same time, while next to each other in the car. That's why you're not finding a signal when you try to program it - you need the remote to do it.

It's made to be a replacement for the remote or a connivence - like if you have a two car garage and one remote, you can program your 370z and leave the remote in your other car to use. It's not designed to be programed without a remote on hand.
I agree, not sure what the manual says but I needed to do it like this as well as the learn button. I was doing 2 cars at the same time so it got a little confusing but it did eventually work.
To OP you do have to hold homelink button down for 1 or 2 seconds to get the door to open and for me if you're too far away it won't work either.