View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
TheW3r3W0lf
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z34 Nismo- SOLD
TheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowler View Post
They replaced only the control arm and the wheel initially. I was hearing some "extra" road noise after I put some miles on it was determined to be a wheel bearing, so the same side wheel wheel bearing was replaced in the rear as well. During this whole time I had the same issues, so the bearing was not a factor, at least not on it's own.

They did"inspect the suspension components, but I would have to assume that was not very involved, possible just a visual "yep, looks ok". They did loosen the suspension components (I don't know what specifically) and retighten to see if anything was flexing/pushing.
Honestly if they haven't done a full inspection of all of the suspension components including the unibody they are doing you a disservice. I have seen bent struts, damaged springs, strut tower tweaks and all kinds of things that look okay on normal inspection. Too bad you aren't local- i'd help you tear it down and properly look through it all with a fine tooth comb. I'd suggest taking it to a reputable mechanic or even a speed shop that handles race cars, drift cars etc that have an expert in suspension.
TheW3r3W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote