View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

I debated the same thing before I bought my TE37SLs. The TE37SLs are super lightweight, between the wheel and tire combo I was able to shave 7 lbs off each corner compared to the stock set up. That gave me a noticeable increase in performance.

If you're not concerned with that aspect it depends on your image goals. The TE37s are not really showy. They are a classic design that makes your car look all business. I suppose a colored version would be a bit more showy, but it looks like a race wheel for a reason. I have matt black ones, and they don't photograph well (always look like a black whole) but in person they look great. And I was never a fan of black wheels before I bought these.

The G25s, while still a performance wheel, look a lot more showy. They will get you more attention from people who don't realize what Volk TE37s are.

If you want a car that looks like it leans more toward "go" then I would get the TE37SLs.
If you want a car that looks like it leans more toward "show" then get the G25s.

Either way it's a good problem to have and you can't really go wrong.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote