View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
TheW3r3W0lf
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z34 Nismo- SOLD
TheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the rough

To me it sounds like two separate issues. One is the steering not returning to lock and the other is pulling while braking.

Granted they may be caused by the same issue but they also may be unrelated. Although my Z doesn't pull when braking, in other vehicles I have worked on it can sometimes be due to stuck caliper guides or even stuck caliper pistons, bad proportioning valves, uneven brake wear, bad master cylinder etc.

For your issue with the pulling- when you hit the curb do you know if it bent the strut tower or the area where the strut mount is bolted to? Did they replace the strut & strut mount at all? I'd be curious to know exactly what parts they replaced because if you hit a curb with enough force to bend a lower control arm the chances of many things being slightly out of whack now is pretty high. Sadly in some cases things never can be returned to normal and in a sports car that feels the road like the Z, you notice everything.
TheW3r3W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote