View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheW3r3W0lf View Post
The way I have these configured to work (and the simplest way) is to power these using the parking circuit. The oem turn signal bulbs are two filament and thus only on when used to turn. The new bulbs are three filament and powered by the parking lamp circuit for the DRL function and switch to blinking amber when they receive power from the turn signal circuit. the LED does the switchback work itself. The DRL will not work in "Auto" unless the headlights are on also which would defeat the purpose.

If you want true DRL you would need to run power sourced by a relay powered by ignition-on that kicks off when it gets power from the headlight circuit. Very do-able but not what I was going for. I actually like running my parking lamps during the day in the rear for added visibility and saw no reason to go through the trouble of wiring DRL only!

Did that answer your question or did I miss the point? I'm not the brightest werewolf in the horror industry...
You answered my question perfectly! Thanks!
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote