View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #35 (permalink)
TheW3r3W0lf
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z34 Nismo- SOLD
TheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
Hi W3r3Wolf,
I think I may be misunderstanding DRL in your posting, I took it to mean that you created DRL with the new bulbs (all other lights off during daylight and only new white LED on) but I think you are really only replacing the current incandescent with these multi colored lamps that change from white to Amber when turn signal is active? I took DRL to mean that the white lamps were on during driving and during daytime driving when all other lamps were off... (headlights set to "auto")?
In your video do you only have parking lights on and headlights off, or is this true DRL configuration, because of the wiring you've described I don't see how that is possible? Please enlighten me if I'm missing something!

The way I have these configured to work (and the simplest way) is to power these using the parking circuit. The oem turn signal bulbs are two filament and thus only on when used to turn. The new bulbs are three filament and powered by the parking lamp circuit for the DRL function and switch to blinking amber when they receive power from the turn signal circuit. the LED does the switchback work itself. The DRL will not work in "Auto" unless the headlights are on also which would defeat the purpose.

If you want true DRL you would need to run power sourced by a relay powered by ignition-on that kicks off when it gets power from the headlight circuit. Very do-able but not what I was going for. I actually like running my parking lamps during the day in the rear for added visibility and saw no reason to go through the trouble of wiring DRL only!

Did that answer your question or did I miss the point? I'm not the brightest werewolf in the horror industry...
TheW3r3W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote