View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheW3r3W0lf
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z34 Nismo- SOLD
TheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the rough
Default Dyno Day- Osiris Uprev 2012 Nismo

Took the car into a reputable speed shop to tweak a few things on the Z and optimize the drivability as much as possible. Keep in mind although this is a toy for me I do like to drive it to work often as well as reliably go on road trips etc. I don’t plan on modifying the drivetrain any further and the only modifications are resonated test pipes and K&N panel filters. Last week I had new Continental DWS rubber fitted on the car and a few weeks back also removed the clutch pedal spring. These two things along with the tune have really improved the drivability and experience with the Z.

The goal for me was to linearize the throttle, tune the AFR for my environment, lower the kick-on temperature for the radiator fans, add a valet mode and a couple other tune maps, desensitize the Traction Control a bit, turned of the check engine light for the O2 codes often generated by TPs and change the method in which the ECU handled the rev limiter to eliminate the kick back (but opted to leave the rev limiter enabled). For fun I also had them remove the top speed limiter in the event of a wild police chase when I go nuts.

The overall gain in HP was 7.9 and the torques at 3.8 ftlb. Very tiny gain in numbers but the overall drivability and feel of the car is much better and a bit more snarly. The speed shop mentioned that Osiris had not yet released new cam timing roms for the 2012 (?) and thus was not able to really tweak more power out of the car. I will be back in a few months once they release some updates and see if they can toy with it further. The shop also gave me the files of the new tunes they did in the event that I find a way to research the numbers and see what the changes were. I posted the sheets below!

If anyone has any input on the numbers or what was done please share as I am always up for learning more about how this works! Also, if you have further suggestions on things to tune for next time around let me know as well. Your feedback is appreciated!

Dyno Run Video

See sheets & other photos below:
( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by TheW3r3W0lf; 04-25-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added photos & Vid
TheW3r3W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote