View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
mts
Base Member

Drives: Porsche 911
mts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Very sweet. How do you like that lift? I'm looking to buy one.
Thanks for the nice comments on the lift and the garage. Actually my garage at my old house makes this one look like a bit of a turd (at least in functionality), but this house is better and this garage is still pretty darn enjoyable. I'm lucky to have it.

As far as lifts go, I did a TON of research before buying and I have owned two different ones. At my old garage, which had 15ft ceilings, I had Rotary SPOA10 2-post asymmetrical lift with a 10,000lb capacity. Very nice lift. It had a minimum clearance of 11'4" though and this garage has 11 ft ceilings so I couldn't bring it with me. I really liked that lift.

This one is a Bend Pak XPR-9, 9,000lb capacity. It is a floor plate lift and I had to go that way with the lower ceilings in this place.

The Bend Pak is a bit beefier lift than the Rotary but both are excellent. There are other brands out there that are less expensive, but you get what you pay for and I didn't want to skimp when it came to having 3,000+ lb vehicles over my head.

If you can avoid a floor plate lift, do. The work just fine, but are more of a pain on clean up and more of a pain to install and use as a parking spot (vs. the asymmetrical ones which allow the car doors to open more fully).

Happy to provide any help I can if you are looking to buy soon.
mts is offline   Reply With Quote