View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Yup you don't calculate sunked costs.

That money I already lost, the monthly wont change if I keep the z, if I get a cheaper car the monthly changes its simple.

I'm fully aware of what I lost already with the z. I'm just looking at a more manageable monthly payment.
Just saying you're looking to lose even more money with a new car when you can least afford it? Why not refinance the Z? Or sell it buy a used car?

Price differential between Z and BRZ isn't that much. You're incurring California sales tax and registration too.

Just doesn't seem like you're thinking this through? Doesn't make sense to me.

I guess if you got terrible finance rate with Nissan dealer and scion is offering 0 percent 4 year loan and still discounting car you won't lose as much but your still a net loss. Your just borrowing more over long term while you in school with low income? Still would be better off refinancing the Z. Hope your getting a MBA. lol!