View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #60 (permalink)
MYZ34
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6spd
MYZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
OK, here's the deal.

You're having a product sprayed on your car as a "paint protectant", that supposedly bonds with the paint.

1) Are they going to clean the car before applying it?
1a) What are they doing to "prep" the surface?
2) If it bonds with the paint, why does it last only "so long" - why isn't it a lifetime bond?
3) Color reviver - lol - this car, and just about every car since...well, a damn long time ago, has had clearcoat. How do you revive "clear" as a color?
4) The paint is meant to flex a bit, have a bit of give. In our case, they also made it a bit too soft, but, it likely won't peel or crack, with the thin body panels and plastic bits we have (which makes sense, if you think about it) - if you harden a product over the top - it'll peel off.

You're far better off taking that money and giving it to a detailer that will use a claybar, polish, and wax, and keep paying that detailer to clean your car, or buy your own equipment and learn to DIY.

Now, add in, that the dealer wanted to sell it to you so badly, that they knocked it down, and continued to do so until you knuckled under and bought it thinking you got a great deal. Think about that tactic for a second...you were duped into buying something because they started high and you were 50/50. They dropped the price and you took it, thinking that you got a great deal. Fish, meet bait.

If I told you that I had this amazing cologne that has pherimones in it, and some chemical name that sounds cool that will absolutely get you laid...women within range of this scent will hit you up, and you can take them back to your place for a 3-day sexathon. This exclusive product costs only $10,000 - enough for 5 applications. Seriously, it works. Look at this brochure (it shows a fat slob hooked up with a super-model, and has testimonials)...not interested? How about I give it to you for 50% off. $5000. No? I think I could do it for $2000, and I can't go lower than that...

Still not interested? I don't see how I can go lower, so let me make sure you know what this does - you can walk into any club in town, pick up the prettiest woman there, and have sex with her for 3 days straight. I've done it, and our customers have done it, and I can assure you that it works...man I can't beleive I'm going to do this, but I'll sell it to you for $1000, because you look like you need to get laid - and who doesn't?

Can't afford that? Well, How about $400, and I give you 1/5th of the bottle, which then you can try it for yourself and see. Man you drive a hard bargin...$250 gets you 1 application.

You shell out $250 and take your bottle of moose-piss home.
first off i said it wasn't through a dealer.... i went to motor one directly weeks after i purchsed the car. when i bought the car through nissan i told them i would not buy any after market product off them.... the car will be clay bar' and for your comment regarding the color reviver, it is a polish that can be used in conjunction with the paint protection. so are you saying polishing your car does'nt bring out the color!
MYZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote