View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakimak View Post
I just don't get chastising someone for asking and telling them to "do the search, etc." Does it make you feel superior or something?

BTW - I switched to Ester oil fro regular oil and the engine is a lot quieter. On the last change the dealer put in Mobil 1 synth instead by mistake but I don't hear the engine to be louder than before so the cost maybe is not really worth it. I don't drive it hard but change oil often enough to believe the cost is not worth it.
This is why it isn't important to you.

The chastising is not to give someone a sense of superiority. It's a matter of highlighting laziness... When someone comes on here, instead of looking to see if maybe, just maybe, someone else in the 5 years this car has now been discussed, has had a similar incident. But instead, people choose to just make a new thread about their issue and assume it will get answered like all the rest. A simple google search of "370Z Oil" will bring up at least a dozen other threads if not more on "what oil should I use?" "my car says any 5w30 will do but nissan recommends their ester oil?" "Do we really need synthetic?" etc.
It's all been answered before I promise you, and the new threads on the same topic 1000 just bog the forum down.

The search feature is there for a reason, and it does work. Else it wouldn't be there. Again, it's not chastising, its just a redirect that your issue is not singularly distinctive and not a problem that hasn't been solved.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14