View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeRedZ View Post
Really, the gun metal grey centers are peeling?

I agree the spokes are thin but the strength of the wheel is also dependent on the quality of the alloy used to manufacturer the wheel as well as the design. I certainly would not use these wheels to race the Z as an 18" would be better suited for this purpose. I know that the USW Forged wheels are made of T6 tempered 6061 alloy which has a very high tensel strength.

So is a "Japanese" style wheel more a 5-spoke wheel than a multi-spoke wheel?
No, please tell me you saw my post with pics.. It had split spoke, 6 spoke and 5 spoke...

First off if you have the cash get a forged monoblock wheel or a nice custom 3 piece forged wheel (HRE, Strasse forged etc)

That being said if you want red thats cool but i think it may be a little too matching and i would avoid chrome lips (unless done with the right wheel)

Personally i think a Black Volk TE37 with Red Volk/Rays emblems with a red pinstripe would look the best. It will tie in your red calipers and red car not blind you with too much red... But below are some other color options

Or the 350z i posted looks awesome! White TE37s on red looks great! Red caliper behind their would look amazing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw-e92-m3-by-ind_800x0w.jpg (90.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCAMH0NH8.jpg (13.6 KB, 6 views)