View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeRedZ View Post
Thanks for the info and could not agree with you more that it needs to look good. Yea trying to find that "fine line" between just right and over done. It sounds like you are recommending against too large a drop with the BC RC. Do you think a drop of 1.5" front and rear is too aggressive for the recommended wheel tire combo you suggested?

In regard to a more Jap car oriented wheel, I am having difficulty defining that style.. I am getting a good deal from USWForged.com. There web site has a gallery with many styles. Which would you think fulfill the Jap style for the Z? Actually I would welcome many opinions on this topic. Thanks.
I looked at USW forgeds website and that may be your first problem... Those are all american style rims.

Let me give you a run down on jap style wheels. Lightweight focused, simplicity and clean lines. I am not sure your prices you are willing to spend on wheels and if you care about weight?

Below are some pics of Red Z's or red wheels. Hopefully you understand the difference.

The real question to ask you is how do you feel when people take an american car and rice it out? I assume you and your american car buddies made fun of that person. Thats what we are trying to keep you away from doing but it would be just the opposite americanizing a Jap car,

First pic is a Volk TE37 (knockoff but you get the point for style)
2nd pic is an OEM Nismo wheel
3rd pic- a legit Volk TE37sl with a red decal to tie in the red car not overkill
4th pic- HRE wheel (made in USA BUT VERY NICE WHEELS) on a Porsche with a similar body style as the Z so you can see my point.

Simple lines, clean looking wheels. not too bulky of spokes etc.

Last edited by Volk Z; 04-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote