View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #37866 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
When I go to reply to this thread, I notice this at the bottom. wtf? Anyone know what this is? Are these spammers tracking the thread or something?

Hey Ben, you googled the right answer...

i talked to AK about it and like said its a trackback that spammers use when they post their crap in a thread...

the one on the bottom is from a spammer awhile back...AK deleted the spammers post and account, but for reasons unkown the trackback stuck...he said its harmless and it is...

my fear is if members see it and dont understand it may be intrigued enough to copy and paste it into a explorer page to see what kind of website it is...

now this one may or may not be harmless, but what happens when we get one like this that is harmful and can actually do some damage to someones computer who is not very well fortified with current antivirus, malware, and firewall protection...

and the first one is from a spammer a few days ago, the spammer was reported, i havent checked yet to see if the spammer has been removed...

9 times out of 10 when the spammer is removed the trackback is removed with the deletion of the spammers post...

Last edited by kdo2milger; 10-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.