View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sidz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10Nismo
Sidz will become famous soon enough
Default P0300, high idle,

This nismo is killing me.

Cel came on over 2 weeks ago. I replaced the spark plugs as a first step in finding my multiple misfire issue.

Cel came back on next day, fine. I order coil packs but in the meantime my fiance convinces me to just take it to Nissan. I do.

I drop it off to perform a diagnostic on the ecu. They tell me an hour later it's idling high and they performed a learn on the ecu and cleared the code.( the service tech is convincing me someone either plugged in my ecu and messed with the stock tune or I've had my motor swapped) I tell them no, none of that.. I bought the car at 7 miles.

5 days later, same issues, cel on, p0300 being thrown, high rpm at idle 1100-1300, horrible gas consumption.

I take it back and the service tech takes it over the weekend to only call me today and let me know that i need to replace the left and right throttle body.

I figure it wouldn't hurt to just clean the TB, replace the intake filters, and carefully clean the maf sensor.

I've never had any issues other than the steering lock mechanism failing. I am currently at 51k miles.

My question is.. anyone having TB issues? Has anyone replaced the TB?