View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheW3r3W0lf
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z34 Nismo- SOLD
TheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the roughTheW3r3W0lf is a jewel in the rough
Default Daytime Running Lights + Switchback LED’s

One of the things my Z lacks is DRLs. I looked at some options and aside from running my headlights all the time was adding in some nice Daytime Running Lights. I didn't want to glue or drill things into my bumper and some of the headlight mods were a bit much for me so I went an alternate route. The first time I had an Audi behind me and noticed the switchback LED’s I was hooked. After some research it seems the turn signal bases in the 370Z have the extra wire from the JDM version that allows for dual filament bulbs. After some digging I found some switchback LED’s that fit the bases and headlight enclosures, did a small wiring mod to activate the 3th wire on the oem base (using solder, no crimp connectors or tape, I promise) and suddenly LED turn signals that switchback to DRLs. I also made sure to add a transistor to the turn signal circuit for good measure and to avoid the “look at me!” ricer fast blink. While I was in there I changed the parking lamps to LED as well all of which match the oem HIDs color temperature.

The whole job took about 45 minutes not including the better photos I should take of the DRLs at some point. The photos give you a basic idea of what I did but If you would like a DIY write up of the parts and process just PM me
: )

Video of the finished project at work:

View My Video

Some additional in progress photos:
( Click to show/hide )

TheW3r3W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote