Thread: Normal or no
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naum16 View Post
The accident was from the front fender down the door to the back panel. Insurence did come at my house and look at it but its was only so much they can see, The collision center said the frame of the car is good but do you even think they checked ? Where would I be able to take it in and see ifs it looks good and would they charge me a lot to put it on the machine
If they just said it's all good, and sent you on your way, I doubt they fully inspected it as it is a process to get it on the machine properly (especially if you're lowered) and then get it strapped down so it CAN NOT move. Took the shop that did mine 2 hours to do this part alone. Then the examining of the positioning of every mounting point. Checking everything out takes a while, then getting your car back off the rack.

Rates are going to be dependent on the shop. If you have a few local to you, call around and get a few different rates. If you have some that are close, and one that is WAY off, they're definitely overcharging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naum16 View Post
The only two big things that were replaced were the subframe that just bolts on and steering rack and opinion.
The replacement of an entire subframe could be a warning sign. It could potentially mean that all of that subframes mounting points have shifted together and couldn't be simply replaced. (Worst case scenario of course)

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote