Thread: 370z or house?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
JENZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
JENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond reputeJENZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
I'm in vegas too. Have you seen home prices now though? Primarily new homes? Especially since the sub $215k market is being taken over by investors paying cash. Leaving first time home owners, like myself, having to buy new. I got a reservation on my home and less than a month later the price increased 10k. The new FHA loan rule started April 1st. You can not get rid of your PMI's after your LTV is less than 80% and after 5 years into your loan as you could before. The only way is to drop 20% down and go with a conventional loan. If you have 20% and can qualify for a conventional, I'd go for it now.
I have noticed this with new homes. Was looking at a home in November for $150k and its now $190k for the same home. This is in mountains edge. However, existing homes are slow growing.