Thread: bluetooth
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I understand completely what you are saying however from past experiences with multiple phones in different conditions along with articles read. I stand by using a car charger is a last resort. especially the (rapid chargers)
Hi BAF,
Never use a cheap Wal-Mart or Pep Boys charger with a phone either in home or auto. When I buy a 12V to USB 5V convertor I always load it with the rated load (1A rated then I put 5 ohms across) and then measure the voltage under load. I also measure the voltage no load, which is important too. I wouldn't use an adapter that has a no load voltage over 5.25 V, and a loaded voltage below 4.75V. Those voltages are upper and lower limit of USB 2.0 standard, which governs the design of all USB chargers which output 5V.

I use car chargers all the time but I make sure they are name brand and tested by me. If they fail the tests above then I fix them, but if they are cheap Chinese knock offs I don't even bother.
I'm an electrical engineer and I design things to do with audio, car stereo, power supplies, etc.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote