Thread: 370z or house?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still house shopping and the current economic state and questions about whether I'll have to move for the job left me with only one choice for right now. I got a Z to get it out of the way so my credit will clear by the time I decide to buy. I initially wanted to buy in May. But I pushed to August. Three months is plenty of time for credit to stabilize after buying a car. Besides, we'll always have a car payment, right? It's all in timing. And yes, the rates will skyrocket by this time next year. Not to mention inventory in my area (Virginia Beach) has sucked completely for a while now. The last "reasonably priced" new home I found that I kinda mostly liked and thought about placing an offer on went for $353k. It was equivalent to a $190k home where I'm from back in Ohio. Couldn't convince myself to make the $1,900/month payment on a home I didn't think I'd be able to stay in incase the job moved. FYI, I just turned 32. The only hurry I'm in is to lock in a good rate before they go up. Or if I find a house I love then I'll put an offer down immediately.

And the new car thing, it realistically only applies to 30 days before or after to not affect a house purchase/closing. But if you have a house in mind right now that you would love to have, don't even think about a Z.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote