View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
rst88
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MT
rst88 is on a distinguished road
Question Aftermarket Clutch Question

Hello everyone!!

I recently upgraded (last month) from a 2004.5 PPW 350z to a 2009 White 370z with Sport Package. Up until last week the car had been a blast to drive. Unfortunately, the clutch pedal lost about half of its resistance so I took it to a Nissan dealership nearby. Apparently both the master and slave cylinder will need to be replaced, which they agreed to do at no cost (Car has only 25k miles).

Finally the parts came in today, but once they opened the transmission housing they noticed that the clutch had been replaced by the previous owner. It is an "ACT High performance" clutch. They will still do the cylinder replacement but highly advise me to replace the ACT clutch with the stock one because the ACT clutch will over work the slave and master cylinders; thus, causing issues with them again. Is this true? Will this ACT aftermarket clutch damage the stock slave and master cylinder?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff so I figured I'd ask you guys. Thank you very much in advance!
rst88 is offline   Reply With Quote